Monday, September 5, 2011

The Only Good Part of Fall...FOOTBALL



     With the cooler temperatures coming around in my area-- I hate to think that summer is already coming to an end. However, I can not help but get excited with the start of college football and  pre-season NFL.  I have a 7 year old that loves the sport and I could not help but put together this collage for his room to help cheer on our families favorite college team. 

    I took a 9 by 12 canvas and glued various football themed papers to it.  I then used some dictionary paper and glued it onto 3 mini canvases of various sizes.  Once the mini canvases were dried I inked them up with Rangers distress stains and inks.  I used a graphite pencil to fill in between to create a patchwork.

     I found some football stickers that I mounted onto some clay tiles that I prepared to add more dimension. I then added some Tim Holtz embellishments along with his stamp that stated "sometimes FATE and your DREAMS can collide."    I added some football stickers, grass paper and glossy accents into a bottle cap top to create another embellishment.  I added a grungeboard  "D" and Tim Holtz picket fence to represent all the defense our time plans to do this season. And of course, the canvas would not have been complete without a OU uniform.

     So when I saw the challenge on the Simon Says Challenge  this week-- I was so excited-- I knew excitely what to do.  My little G-Man can not wait to get this hanging up in his room.

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is fabulous, wonderful details.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamps Challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is just great, thank you for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Bloghop, with your fabulous creation. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is great!! Good job Tara!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice work. but you should have not placed the Key here, it doesnt show any relevancy with Foot Ball.

    Gifts to pakistan

    ReplyDelete