Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Tim Holtz Tag #2

Tim Holtz Tag #2

Tag #2 may be all I can get done today.  I have to go get some Christmas shopping done. So I thought I would be a posting done early before I leave on this dreary December morning.  Tim Holtz's tag used wonderful kraft resist paper which I absolute LOVE!!! You can see Tim's tag here:


Now I had to order some kraft resist which is what put me behind on doing the twelve tags.  I have looked for the holiday kraft resist everywhere but come up empty.  Originally I tried to create my own kraft resist with some embossing powder and Tim stamps.  It did not work as well as I wanted it to so  I just waited for my online order to arrive. 

When making tag #2, I made several changes some due to not having the product and some due to creative differences.  The changes are as follows:

  1. I did not use the large reindeer --because I didn't have it and when I placed my online order I forgot to add them to it.  (Oops)
  2. When I made the small reindeer I used some glittery paper rather than sticky back canvas because it was sitting on my desk (oh who am I kidding) it was on the floor beside the Vagabond. And I thought it would look good.
  3. For the bottom trim, I had some pre-cut chipboard by Little Yellow Bicycle that worked out perfect.
  4. When looking around my studio, I saw some liquid pearls, I have honestly never really used these. However, I picked up some up a few weeks ago when gearing up for the 12 tags and now that I've used them--I LOVE them. So I took the chance to use them rather than the brads.   
Hope you like my tag!!! See you soon for tag #3.

Tara


No comments:

Post a Comment