Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fall Canvas

As I said yesterday, I am not ready for fall to be hear but I think it is on its way even if I'm not ready.  So here is another creation to gear up my house for the fall. 



I love to mix it up with a mixed media canvas to put up somewhere in the house or give to a friend to boost their spirits.  On this particular canvas, I started out with a base of Tim Holtz's Tissue Wrap which due to all the layers I used you really can not even see-- and I'm ok with that.  I next added several layers of Faber Castells gelatos  smooshing them around and then spritzing to get a little more of a blended affected.  I added some of Claudines Hellmuth Gesso with a Prima stencil to get some dimension and let it dry.  I used several stamps to give to a layered effect which are difficult to see in the photo and  then spritzed away with several different Dylusions, Perfect Pearls and Glimmer Mists. I added some leaves after altering them a little with some Distress ink.  Then comes my favorite part of the project--The Pumkin.  I found some small pumkins at the dollar store and I cut one in half and covered it with Rangers foil sheets and performed a mini version of Tim Holtz's the Great Pumpkin and adhered it to the canvas.  If you have not seen last years Great Pumpkin Challlenge, I'll add the link-- however I feel as though you may have been living under a rock because it is amazing and you are in for a real treat!!!

Tim Great Pumpkin Creation 2011

Now this weeks Simon Says Challenge is requiring that you use text and as you can see (or barely) I have used Tim Holtz's Text Tissue Wrap as a base to my canvas.  So what better thing to do than get a two-for out of this project.  A great project to decorate that house with this fall and something to enter in a great company challenge--What?? You didn't know about this challenge--well check out the deets down at the link below!!!

Simon Says Challenge

Hope you all enjoyed project number 2 this week--whoa I'm on a roll now!!! LOL

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment