Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ranger Has Done it Again!!!

While I was in Maryland last month, taking classes with a great teacher--some of you may know him.



Yes-- I traveled all the way to Maryland to the great Queens Ink to take two of Tims classes that I have not taken--fan--yes. Inspired--yes.  I was lucky enough to get my hands of some of Rangers new metallic Distress Stains.  Ok so these stains are unlike any stain out there--as soon as I picked them up, I immediately thought picket fence.  Which made my mind race to Tim's great marble stain technique.  This is my favorite of all stain techniques.  I can go through a bottle of picket fence just to see all the different patterns I can make with this technique.  And now with these three new varieties--the possiblities are endless.  I have hardly been able to sleep.  Now that I have time to play. This is what I have come up with.  Below is a tag with just picket fence, fired brick and pine needle. You may be thinking Christmas with these colors but wait until you see what it does with the metallics.

 
 
Now with the metallics, you get that same opaque effect that picket fence provides.  Thank you Creative Chemistry 101.  Below you will see the same fired brick and pine needle (with from left to right antiqued bronze, tarnished brass, and brushed pewter.)  You can see how it provides a perfect motten and mingle effect that is perfect for the changing of leaves in a fall project that will be effortless.

 
 
Now you can see how beautiful these are-- hey will produce beautiful leaves. Thank you Ranger for hitting it out of the ball park again!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment