Monday, March 19, 2012

Ah Ha Moment

Well today was day one or maybe day 2 depending on how you look at it of Tim Holtz's first ever online class.  There has been much anticipation to this--that is at least on my part.  I have had the distinct pleasure of taking several classes from him but I always learn something new from each section and feed off of his enthusiasm--this class has already provided more than I expected.  I have been super excited because the class is called Creative Chemistry and I am a science geek by profession and today was just what I needed--it gave some background to what the properties of the mediums we use and how and why they work.  Thanks Tim for clarifying why and when I try things it just doesn't work. 

What made todays lessons so funny was just last night I was talking with my BFF Angie about covering some Art Parts with picket fence Distress Stain to get a shabby chic look.  And I told her that I preferred covering them with snow cap Adirondack Pigments Inks its-- I don't know "milky."  Who knew I would learn why it was different when I got home from work this morning.  I tested out the difference this evening.  Its not a huge difference but its different. The ATC on the right is covered with Snow Cap white and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink and the ATC on the left is covered with Picket Fence Distress Stain and Rusty Hinge Distress Ink.  Check it out.  And check out Tims class its not too late to enroll, you won't be sorry.

Tim Holtz Creative Chemistry

No comments:

Post a Comment