Friday, March 9, 2012

Sewing Room Tag



This week you need to check out the lovely Linda Ledbetters Grundy Monday weekly challenge.  It takes you all the way back to Tim's Christmas Tag 2 from 2007.  I find this extremely exciting because I didn't even know who Tim Holtz was much less what this crazy craft I was getting myself in back then so I definately was not playing along like I am now.  I had my nose in a book focusing on passing my state boards to get my license to become a pharmacist. Check out how Tim created his tag way back in the day here:

Tim Holtz Tag 2 2007

Now I wanted to use my dress form stamp set but when I used all the smaller stamps with the paint dabber-- they were a little too detailed to work.  So what to do?? What to do??? I remembered Tim has blogged about creating your own stamps using craft foam and your Sizzix die cuts.  I used my Vagabond to cut some craft foam to get a custom stamp of a spool of thread which I stamped all over the tag with white paint.  I then used mustard seed and peeled paint distress paint on my craft sheet with water to get a great blend of color on my tag.  I wiped the ink off  white ink to expose the stamped areas.  I stamped my dress form with sepia archival ink.  I took some vintage lace and sprayed it with lettuce color wash and tied it at the top of the tag.  Lastly, I added some vintage sewing embellishments. 

Now go and check out Linda's work of art here.

Grundy Monday Challenge


Thanks for stopping by!!

Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment