Thursday, March 8, 2012

I Dream of Jeannie

This week when I saw the Simon Says Challenge I immediately thought of a Genie in a Bottle and who was the most famous Genie but Barbara Eden.  Well??? Maybe Alladin!!!  It depends on what era you were brought up in.  I was raised in the early 80s and loved watching old re-runs after school and I Dream of Jeannie was a favorite.  So this weeks Bottle It challenge is a tribute to Barbara Eden.  I used Wendy Vecchi's Crackle techique to cover the bottle with Dusty Concord stain.  I covered some Ranger Metal Foil with alcohol inks and cut them with different punches to get the top and bottom embellishments that I wanted--this was easier said than done.  The foil is so thin it doesn't work well with punches --it much easier with my Vagabond and a die cut but I didn't have anything that suited my fancy for this product.  But after many takes I finally got it done.  Hope you like my Genie bottle.  If you want to check out Simons challenge this week check it out here.
Simon Says Bottle It Challenge
                                                  
Thanks for stopping by!!
Tara

1 comment:

  1. Hey there Tara thank you for joining the DT from SSS and S, with your fabulously colored Bottle, love the color good luck, hugs terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete